I provide individual, couple, and family counseling in 45 minute face to face live or secure-internet sessions to help manage:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Anger and Phobias
- Substance Abuse
- School and Work Issues
- Parenting the Challenging Child
- Adjustment to Serious Medical Illness
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma and Abuse
- Couple or Family Conflict: including other attractions, infidelity, divorce and related family/custody issues, such as parental alienation.
- Court Compliance
My approach: On the "about me" page of this site, I discuss my psychoanalytic approach to therapy. This is considered a "deeper" form of therapy as it focuses on the unconscious mind and its processes.
This psychoanalytic modality distinguishes my treatment approach in two important ways:
One, I prefer to work with patients who are highly motivated to achieve goals and who are open to the use of clinical hypnosis ( an advanced form of which we call "clinical hypnotics" ) in their treatment plan in some capacity, even if it is just to teach the client how to achieve deep relaxation, calm and a "quiet mind". On the other hand, with the highly motivated client, some problems can be the focus of a hypnosis centered treatment plan. These include:
- Weight management
- Smoking Cessation
- Alcohol and other substance abuse
- Pain management
- Performance- sports, musical, academic, sexual
- Social poise and Confidence
Two, the general approach that I use of psychoanalytic psychotherapy is especially useful in treating the very personal area of sexuality. I use this approach to sensitively help with problems such as:
- Sexual / Pornographic "Addictions" Obsessions/Compulsions / Other attractions / Risky behaviors
- Orgasmic disorders, Lack of Sexual Interest/satisfaction
- Pain disorders, Erectile Dysfunction
- Fetishism, including Transvestism, Sadism, Masochism, etc
- LGBT* issues-including Sexual and Gender Identity issues.
As you can see, I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression, panic, substance abuse, sexuality, and grief counseling to divorce support and beyond. I provide a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, with a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs.
*So called "conversion therapy" and other "therapies" that deny the given identity and orientation of a person of sexual minority are discredited, unscientific, destructive, and unethical, and are not practiced, condoned or tolerated or by this therapist.